Classically located in an eight unit boutique tenancy in common building, originally built in the late 1800’s by Edgar Mathews in Pacific Heights, 2300 Divisadero was meticulously renovated in 2012 by Dumican Mosey Architects. With over 2450 square feet and designed as a three bed, two bath with two-car SxS parking, the current owners have enjoyed the flexibility of the space they created. Designed to accommodate their love for gracious entertaining as well as collecting treasures from travel, the fine architectural detail throughout serves as a backdrop for easy beautiful living.
This turn-of-the-century Edwardian building was designed by renowned San Francisco architect Edgar Mathews. It is an understated English Arts and Crafts style on the outside, while it’s newly renovated interior is a home for art collectors, a family that entertains, or someone with an eye for precise architectural details.
Completely remodeled in 2012 - hints of early-American woodwork, and cabinetry that blends turn-of-the-century with the contemporary must-haves.
Details make this home a one-of-a-kind architects gem: Couristan wool carpet, extra thick architect designed walls provide unique visual axis/interest, Reglet drywall reveals, detailed ceiling treatment, custom millwork of the finest finishes (Level 5). Your guests undoubtedly will first notice the exquisite floors. Heated from below all throughout the home, these floors are top drawer, smooth as silk to your bare feet, and made of rift oak. Chevron style and walnut and golden pecan hues.
Living Room: Beautifully centered around a “soft-oxidized” steel fireplace surround. The Ann Sacks limestone hearth and contemporary gas fireplace hosts a “dancing flame” fire atop a smooth river rock pyramid. Built-in ceiling mounted speakers with individual room controls.
Dining room: A generous space that can seat 10 -12 comfortably. The buffet is white Calacatta marble with plenty of deep storage with eight generous cabinets. The bay window floods the room with ample light from the south. Plus:
- Hubbardton Forge (Aura 13-8585) designer chandelier/pendant with crystal
- Custom built-in buffet with exceptional hidden custom drawer storage
- Bay window with custom treatments: linen side panels; linen sheers; including hidden third layer for sun protection/privacy.
Kitchen & Breakfast Room: Leather upholstered banquette that seats six. Plenty of storage built-in. A custom breakfast table on castors, built just for this space, makes the room versatile when you entertain guests - it can be removed or be a bar.
The chef’s kitchen has it all: double-sized Thermador refrigerator with independent doors for cold and freezer. A warming oven, full-sized oven, and a steam oven. Two dishwashers. Recessed lighting is plentiful and includes tray ceiling accents, under-cabinet, fully dimmable with Italian designer OLighting “urban garden” ceiling pendant. Plus:
- Built-in Miele coffee maker grinds beans!
- High-volume exhaust hood with a remotely mounted motor on the roof to ensure quietest possible operation, even at high speed
- Lighted Thermador full-size wine storage column with two temperature zones
- Thermador Warming drawer; Combination steam/convection oven
- Wall-mounted HDTV integrated into millwork
- Blanco Culina semi-pro stainless faucet with sprayer
- Built-in ceiling speakers with individual room volume control
- Entrance door remote/monitor in kitchen
Laundry and Pantry: Beyond the kitchen is access to the garage through the laundry room/butler’s pantry.
- Stacked full-size Samsung washer and dryer
- Handsome & earthy honed granite countertops
- Utility sink with disposal; Broan trash compactor; GE microwave
The master Suite sports a walk-in/walk-out closet with two entrances. There’s more custom millwork, Donghia wallpapers, a built-in television lift with remote control. And fantastically soft Stark wool carpeting in a corduroy style. Custom room-darkening silk window Roman shades. And the master bath is just as plush:
- Ann Sacks tile bathroom floor; Calacatta customized marble walls
- Luxury bath tub by WetStyle (The Be Collection)
- Rain shower with four heads; Ultra quiet whisper exhaust system
- Custom built trough sink by Sullivan Counter Tops and Sinks, Berkeley
- Hansgrohe Axor fixtures; Over mirror lighting Alias 15,
- Custom “floating” cabinetry with drawers and storage; hidden outlets
- Entrance door monitor in MBR.
LIBRARY/MEDIA ROOM/BEDROOM The versatility of the home is revealed as you exit the living room and enter one corner of the home. It is a bedroom. Or a library. Or a media room, you choose. Completely wired and lit to serve any purpose you wish:
- Custom floor to ceiling shelving and paneling by Jim Sellars
- Custom lighting includes Picolo Halo wall mounted sconces
- Built-in desk with closable work area; Custom French wall-covering
- Built in Samsung HDTV and high quality sound system
- “Hidden” door in paneling provides access to a large walk-in closet
- Media center includes Denon Receiver; A universal remote
- Bay window, with custom window treatments in Dupioni silk
- Custom Roman shades with sunscreen shades behind.
HALL & HALL BATH sports the most amazing deep blue and gray tiles, each individually set. The glass-enclosed shower is fully hand-tiled too. The Fleetwood windows are sleek and the modern frameless mirror meets a super-practical vanity with a huge pull-out drawer below the sink to hide hairdryers and such. More cleverly-placed deep and almost un-noticable storage cabinets hide all your cleaning supplies - in the wall! Plus:
- Hand-set custom glass tile (Walker Zanger)
- Unique vessel sink; Hansgrohe fixtures
- Calacatta marble
- Whisper-quiet exhaust system
- Dual shower heads allow wall or rain shower; toiletries niche in shower
- Ann Sacks Limestone floor
- Custom windows by Fleetwood
- Fry Reglet baseboard and trims
- Lighted linen closet
- Easy access to on-demand hot water heater and two-zone in-floor hydronic heat system
THE OFFICE / BEDROOM #2 Currently used as an office, yet easily transformed into a guest bedroom, playroom or nursery. This handsome room features custom built-in millwork desk, lighted shelving, and cabinetry and full closet. Plus:
- Donghia designer wall covering
- Wall-mounted HDTV
- Custom window glass & pocket door
GARAGE Newly constructed in 2014, the garage is a fully-compliant and up-to-code foundation. Two assigned parking places: generous in size and side-by-side. Two remotes for garage door. Plus:
- New 400A electrical service
- New fire suppression monitored alarm/sprinkler system
- Dedicated lockable storage in parking spaces
Monthly HOA Fee: $520 includes water, garbage, common pg&e, insurance, maintenance, gardening, management, reserves.
Staged by Mint Staging.